Congratulations for taking the first step toward improving your life!
Learning about options for your mental health care is empowering and can help you decide about the type of therapist and therapy that is the best fit for you and your goals. This fit between you and your therapist is key to the outcomes you can expect from therapy; therefore, we encourage you to be a good consumer of your mental health and check around to find out if our approaches, styles, and techniques are right for you. In our opinion, choosing a psychotherapist, whether it is one of us or someone else, with training in behavioral health and evidence-based treatments can give you greater confidence in your care, knowing you will receive state-of-the-art therapy with the honest concern and compassion you deserve!
This website offers more specific information about the types of psychotherapy we offer, our background and training, how to request more information, and other resources you may find helpful. Please take some time to look around and feel free to call with any questions or comments that arise.
Whether you are seeking individual, couples, family or group therapy, we begin with an intake assessment. At this intake we begin with a standard review of practice guidelines, ethical standards, financial arrangements, and HIPAA standards. We then invite you to review your primary concerns, current coping strategies, and review your biological, mental health, and social history to create the context for this distress. At this session you are also invited to seek more information about your therapist, your therapist's style, ask about your therapist's hypotheses for your presenting problems, and discuss treatment options.
What We Do
We utilize evidence-based psychotherapy approaches that are aimed at helping you improve your quality of life, validating your experience, supporting your healthy goals & growth, and helping you learn and utilize behavioral skills.
We frame therapeutic sessions around the scientific method to establish a guide for individuals to understand the process of therapy. We collaboratively develop more comprehensive hypotheses and measurable treatment goals, regularly assess progress, focus on personal awareness, education about your primary problems, skill development and symptom management. Our goal is to to be as precise in our understanding of your primary concerns, so you can experience time-limited, efficient and effective therapy allowing you to live life to its fullest.
Services we provide
- Naturopathic medicine
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Group Psychotherapy
- Couples Psychotherapy
- Family Therapy
- Psychological Assessment
- Cognitive Assessment, ADHD, Learning Disability evaluations
- Surgical readiness (bariatric, spinal cord stimulator, etc.)
- Personality assessment.
- EEG Biofeedback
- Community Education and Outreach
Services we do not provide
- Medication Management
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Parole/probation treatment
- Court ordered treatment
- Custody evaluations
- Forensic evaluations
- Sex offender treatment
- Active psychosis treatment (unless managed with medications)
- Crisis intervention
Common Reasons People Enter Therapy
- Biofeedback for Pain, Insomnia, and/or Anxiety
- Stress Management/Tension
- Anxiety: excessive worry, panic attacks, phobias, PTSD
- Relationship Problems
- Addressing Maladaptive Coping Strategies
- Change of Life and Transitions: divorce, retirement, new baby
- Maternal Mental Health: pre & post partum depression and anxiety
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Sport Psychology
- College Transition Issues
- Physical Symptoms of Stress: gastrointestinal distress, tension, fatigue, headaches, insomnia
- Chronic & Acute Illness: adaptation to new diagnoses, motivation to maintain medication, weight management, smoking cessation
- Chronic Pain
Financial Arrangements and Insurance
We are on several insurance plans and are willing to work with other plans as out-of-network providers.
Before you come to your first appointment you will need to contact your insurance to learn more about your benefits and what is covered. Please use our insurance verification form (see Forms tab) to help guide you in that process.
Currently we are on the following insurance panels:
- Regence Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Premera Blue Cross
- United Behavioral Health
- Providence Behavioral Health
- Labor & Industries (LNI)
- Medicare - please note we can accept stand alone Medicare for those who can afford the out of pocket co-pay/co-insurances and accept Medicare with a secondary insurer. However, we are unable to accept Medicaid as a primary or secondary insurer.